Monday, March 1, 2010

Wackadoo Cake

Two words: Indulge Bakery.  This tiny little bakery in Lafayette, Colorado has stolen my heart.  I first noticed the bakery when I would visit the coffee shop that was located directly across from it.  I would meet my new mom friends at that coffee shop (tykes in tow) and we'd all dish over the flowing espresso.  Many times one of us would lag behind after we said our adieu's to go peruse the delectable delights the bakery had to offer.  Somehow I managed to resist temptation and never wandered in b/c I knew the inevitable would happen and I just didn't have enough room in my fridge.  Until one day, one of the editors at Yellow Scene Magazine contacted me.  YS was putting together a feature article about the top 25 culinary masterpieces in the North Metro area.  She asked if I'd be interested in shooting anything and curiously I asked, "well...whaddaya got?" The following was actually an email conversation but I will write the way it went in my head:

Calamari salad...,
"meh."
burger, truffle, fries and shake..., 
"tasty but not exactly photogenic."
mejilones de la casa en adobo...,
"...huh?"
birthday cake at Indulge Bakery....,
"stop right there my friend..."

Finally a real and absolute bonafide excuse to go into this bakery that has secretly taunted me.  Below is Indulge Bakery's Wackadoo cake- it's one of their specialties.  They're made everyday and sell out quickly (I was there at 10am and they already sold 2/7 made for that day) and come in all different colors and flavors.   As you can see it looks like Cindy Lou Hoo's Birthday Cake and there ain't nothing wrong with that.  So...if you're in need of a cake (especially for that co-worker's birthday that everyone forgot) drop in and take a gander at all the tasty treats Indulge Bakery has to offer- oh and nothing says "hey you're special & we really didn't forget  *cough, clear your throat, a-hem* your birthday" like a Wackadoo.  And if for some strange reason that cake doesn't put a smile on your face there are plenty of other items that will make your ears perk up, read: strawberries that look like they're dressed in little chocolate tuxedoes, or those fruit cup things that hold glistening berries and fruit assortments....!



There's just one photo in this Feb. issue but it's big, as in two page spread big.  I like big and if you ask any other photographer who tells you differently they're a liar.  Size totally matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment